Wednesday, February 16, 2011

His Masterpiece

"You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.

You saw me before I was born. Everyday of my life was recorded in your book.  Everyday was laid out before a single day had passed.

How precious are Your thoughts about me, O God!  They are innumerable!  I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!  And when I wake up in the morning, you are still with me!" Ps. 139:15-18 (NLT)

Think on these verses for just a moment......

"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers--the moon and the stars you have set in place-, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?"   Ps. 8:3-4 (NIV)

Have you ever gone to the ocean and just stared out at the vastness of the sea?  Have you ever just looked up at the night sky at the endless stars?  These images are only a glimpse of His unlimited glory.  Our minds cannot even grasp the depths of the universe that our God created!  To give you an idea....when you look at the stars, the nearest one is 4.3 light years away and to reach the closest star would take 51 billion years by airplane!  Yes, 51 billion!  Did you realize how far away the stars were when you looked up at them?  And that isn't even the end, there are galaxies beyond ours.  God created the universe and measured it in His hand! (Is 40:12) 

 Now, think about this....Our God, who created the heavens and the earth, who created and formed the entire universe is mindful of you!  He carefully knit you together in your mother's womb with a specific purpose and plan for your life.  His thoughts are precious towards you, you couldn't even count them.  He knows when you wake up and when you lie down....He cares about every detail of your life.  We are all precious to Him, He is our Father, our Creator.

As you look up at the sun today or at the stars tonight, think about the God who made all of it, how wonderful He is, how glorious, and then think about His love for you.  Of all His creation, you are His masterpiece dear one.

Love, Sue  (I'd love for you to leave a comment)  : )

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! I was thinking about HIM today as I looked at that BIG BEAUTIFUL MOON tonight. Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete

I heart your comments!