Tuesday, March 15, 2011

True Love Conquers All

Love......

The most powerful force there is.   You know how I like princess analogies.  : )

The evil villain places a spell on the princess that can only be broken with..... true love's kiss.  The prince comes in to rescue his love by giving her true love's kiss, she awakens, evil is defeated and true love conquers all.  

We also have an enemy that tries to hold us in bondage, and we also have a Prince that came to rescue to us.  Jesus defeated the enemy on the cross.  His love truly conquered all.


 "These three remain, 'faith, hope, and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.'"
1 Cor 13:13

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become a sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.  And thoughI have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and thought I have all faith so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." (emphasis added) 1 Cor 13:1-2

Wow!  One might think faith is the most vital force to life, after all, without faith it is impossible to please God. (Hebrews 11:6)  However, faith only works by love.  (Gal 5:6)

The enemy wants to hold us in bondage to fear.  It might be the fear of rejection or another kind of fear.   I had been discussing the fear of rejection in the last couple of posts, so I will be focusing on that.  However, it could be applied to other fears.  I believe fear has two opposites....faith and love.  I say this because the verse below doesn't say perfect faith casts out fear, it says perfect love

 "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment.
But he who fears has not been made perfect in love."   1 John 5:10 

We have that conquering kind of love inside of us!  (1 John 4:12)  And actually, that fear has no right to stay around with that love inside of us!  Remember, true love conquers all.

Now, I have to admit....I don't do this perfectly.  But, I am growing and working on it.  Some others verses that help are:

"Above all things have fervent love for one another, for love will cover a multitude of sins."
1 Peter 4:8

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love is not boastful; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity but rejoices in truth, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, Love never fails."
 1 Cor 13:4-8
My bible has notes that gave me further insight into the above passage....

Love is patient with imperfect people, love looks for the best in others and does not spread bad about others, love looks for the good and aggressively advertises the good, love credits people with good intentions and is not suspicious.  

So the next time someone doesn't seem to want to talk to you, or if someone doesn't call you back, or you don't get invited somewhere.....love them by praying for them.  Credit them with good intentions, maybe they are just busy, maybe they are afraid to talk to you and they fear rejection, or maybe the invitation got lost, etc.  Maybe it has nothing to do with you.  

We need to stop thinking about ourselves....there is so much hurt in the world, people really need a touch from the Lord.  When we fear rejection or what others think, it can keep us from sharing His love with them and they need His love.   

Don't let the evil villain have the victory in your life!  Jesus, our Prince, came with true loves kiss to rescue us!  Rest in His love today, His love abides in you, give it away.  True love really does conquer all.  



 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, I have lived with that belief for years, and this week has been a week of total grief, because this is the first time I felt, I failed, however there is a light on the subject, because I believe finally the Lord is telling me Let Me take care of it, and I still believe some how my love for this person, prayers will be answered. and my happiness is when I know this person is Happy and content. When you love some one their happiness is essential to your own.

    ReplyDelete

I heart your comments!