Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rejection part 1

Someone does not invite you to a party..... someone doesn't return a phone call..... someone doesn't ever seem to want to talk to you or initiate conversations with you......

Have you ever experiences any of these scenarios?  What was your response?  How did you feel?  You may have thought nothing of it or maybe you felt......rejected.  

What is the root of rejection, where does it come from and why?  I think we have all felt rejection at some time or another.  Maybe it was from the boy that didn't like you, or a friend who betrayed you, a spouse that left you, or perhaps parents who didn't show love in the right way to you, or worse.... 

There is One who understands, One who knows everything we go through, and One who can heal us and help us.  His name is Jesus.  

Jesus knows what it is like to be rejected. 

"He is despised and rejected by men...."  Is 53:3

"The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone."  Mark 12:10
"...the Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders..." Mark 8:31

He was betrayed by one of His best friends.  The very people He came to save, shouted "Crucify Him" and denied Him as Lord and Savior.  Everyday He experiences rejection.  He pursues His children, His creation. He longs for every one of us to come to Him, to know Him, to accept Him as Lord and Savior.  He loves us so much that gave His life for us.  Yet, everyday people reject Him, they refuse to let Him into their life. 

I had the opportunity to share Jesus with my great aunt when she was in a nursing home several years ago.  I shared with her what Jesus had done in my life and how He was real.  I knew she had had a hard life, but I thought perhaps my testimony would get through to her.  I remember her telling me she didn't believe in Jesus or God and she never would.  I left there in tears....my heart breaking over her hardness, wishing I could have said something to make her see the truth....to save her from eternal separation from God in hell  (harsh, but reality).  And my mom said something very profound to me while I was crying uncontrollably.....she said  "See how you feel, imagine how Jesus must feel."   Very profound.  My great aunt didn't reject me that day....she rejected Him and I imagine it broke His heart so much more than it broke mine.  She passed away two months later.  

Oh, how He knows rejection.  

If you struggle with rejection, He knows your pain.  Go to Him with it, let Him reveal to you the root of it and then let Him heal you.   He came to heal the brokenhearted  (Is 61:1).  Tomorrow I will share with you how to overcome the fear of rejection. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!