Thursday, September 29, 2011

Kick Insecurity to the Curb

Monday night I had the privilege of having 15 wonderful women of God over to my home to start a new bible study by Beth Moore.  This is the 3rd year of hosting Bible Studies for me and I LOVE IT!  I am so thankful to the Lord for giving me the opportunity to open my home to these women who are hungry to grow in the Lord.  It is a blessing beyond words for me to be a small part of what He wants to do in their lives.

This fall we are reading the book "So Long Insecurity" by Beth Moore and doing the "Group Experience" workbook that goes along with it.  I know you all cannot come to my home, but I would like to invite you to be a part of this study with us if you are led.  My hope is to write about what we are learning once a week.

You are welcome to come here and be a part of what the Lord is doing by commenting here.  I would love to hear how the Lord is speaking to you.  If you would like to read the book with us, we are reading the Introduction and Chapter 1 for Monday.  I will plan to comment on them sometime next week. 

For now, I will share about the Beth Moore video we watched the other night.  It was from a webcast she did on Security.

For years I was haunted by a voice.  This voice, I learned the other night, was a "bad friend" to me.  This voice would say things to me when I was in a group with other people.  It would say things like, "Why did you say that?", "That person doesn't like you", "You don't fit in here", " You are not good enough to be friends with them", etc.   What a horrible friend!!!  Why would anyone keep a friend like that hanging around? It went with me everywhere I went so you would think we were best friends.  I don't know why I let it hang around for nearly 30 years of my life!

Well, about a year and a half ago, I finally told that "friend" goodbye!  I had had enough!  I told that voice that I didn't believe it anymore and I was going to believe what God said about me, and who I was and not listen to it.  It actually was not a friend, it was the enemy.   Its name is  "Insecurity".  In my case, A.K.A., fear of rejection.

So, I kicked that bad friend to the curb and replaced it with the security of God's love.

To the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.  
Ephesians 1:6

He has made us accepted in the Beloved.  Friend, we are accepted.  We are loved.  If God is for us, who can be against us (Romans 8:31) And I realized that I am God's girl and if anyone rejects me, they will have to answer to Him.  The truth was, though, that all those insecure thoughts of rejection were just that.....thoughts.  They were mostly in my head and not true at all. 

One issue with insecure thoughts is that they are inward focused.  They turn our eyes upon ourself when our eyes should be out and upward focused.  We should be focused on the Lord and on others, not on ourselves.

However, the main issue with insecurity, and why it is vital to overcome and conquer this enemy, is that it is flat out unbelief.  

It is sin, pure and simple. Ouch!  It grieved me to hear it as well.  Insecurity is unbelief and unbelief is sin.  How could it be anything other than sin?  We are not believing who God says we are when we are insecure.  Either we don't know who God says we are or we are not believing Him.  If we just don't know, we need to know.

Further confirmation for this is how God spoke to me when I was dealing with self-doubt as it relates to what God has called me to do.   He plainly told me that I was acting in unbelief as when the Israelites wouldn't enter the promised land because of the giants (Numbers 13:30-33)  This, my friends, is why I am doing the Bible study, "So Long Insecurity".

I want to do all the Lord has for me to do.  I want to be all the Lord wants for me to be.   I want with all my being to fulfill the purpose and plan He has for me.  I do not want to miss it because of unbelief, because I didn't think I could do it!  God lives in me, I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!

It is my heart's cry to be free and help others be free to be all God has called them to be!  I am so thankful for His mercy and grace.  I am so thankful for His patience with me as this enemy called self-doubt is conquered.  It has been a bad friend, and I intend to kick it to the curb!  Who is with me?!

 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.  Romans 8:37

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!