Friday, August 9, 2013

Sacrifice of Praise


Today I had extra time during lunch and went to a nearby park.  My eyes scanned the perimeter to search out the best spot for some quiet time.  Immediately I was drawn to a fountain nestled by a circle of chair-sized rocks.  I spied a boulder perfect for perching as I enjoyed my solitude with the Lord.

As I mentioned earlier this week in Super Jesus Girl --Pull Yourself Together, last week was a tough week for me.  Some people I dearly love did some things that hurt my heart.  God has been so good and has helped me to let it go.

I read something the other day in "What Happens When Women Say Yes to God" by Lysa Terkeurst that helped me immensely.

"Someone told me to look at my loss as a sacrifice of praise to God...Give this to Him without feeling bitter."  

As I sat there today, I had already given my hurt and my loss to Him.  I began to talk to Him about it again. As I did, I realized He was there.  Now I know He is always there, always with us.  But, I began to talk to him as if he was sitting on the rock in front of me.  So often, we forget that He really is with us!

As I envisioned Him sitting there, I saw Him holding out His hands saying, "Give it to me.  Let me have it and I will give you something in return."  

A song I love began playing in my mind during this exchange.  It is "Restoration" by David Brymer. (I encourage you to click on it...it is amazing!)

In this song, he sings:

You take mourning and turn it into dancing
You take weeping and turn it into laughing
You take mourning and turn it into dancing
You take my sadness and turn it into joy


As He took my hurt, pain, and loss.   He handed me a box.  

It was Him taking my mourning and turning it into dancing.  

It was Him taking my tears and in turn giving me laughter. 

It was Him taking my sadness and in return giving me joy!  

He makes all things new!  Tears rolled down my cheeks in joy as I praised my Lord for all His goodness! He really has taken my weeping and turned it into laughing.  He has taken my sadness and turned it into joy! 

I want to encourage you today.  Has someone hurt you?  Are you in pain today or suffered a loss?  Give it to Him as a sacrifice of praise.  Do not hold onto it.  Don't be bitter or angry. Forgive.  Let it go.  

He is there before you with open hands today saying, 


"Give it to me.  This is not your burden to bear. It was never meant

 for you to carry.  This is not yours. Let me have it and I will give

 you something beautiful in return, a

 life full of dancing, laughter, and joy."  









2 comments:

  1. That is so true Sue. Thanks for sharing. You have encouraged my heart today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad it encouraged you Polly. Love, Sue

    ReplyDelete

I heart your comments!