Saturday, May 17, 2014

Wresting with Identity

"God will put you in a position to wrestle with your identity and choose whom you believe; Him or you."  -Beth Moore

These words changed my life about three years ago as I wrested with God over the new calling and gifting He was revealing to me.

In 2011, I began writing and for months I struggled with whether I had any credence to be writing and who was I to think I could be used by God in this way.

Then, one day these words jumped off the page in a devotional I was reading and I had to make a decision...

Who was I going to believe?  Me or God.

Was I going to believe my own fleshly mind filled with self-doubt?  Or would I believe God.

The most true thing about anything is what God says about it.

Do you know what God says about you?  I want to give you some verses today to look up.  As you look them up, may you discover the most true thing about yourself.

I have no doubt God will also put you in a position where you are forced to wrestle with your identity and choose whom you will believe...you or Him.

1.  1 Peter 2:9
2.  Ephesians 2:10
3.   Zechariah 2:8
4.  2 Corinthians 5:17
5. 1 Thess 5:23
6.  Isaiah 43:1
7.  Isaiah 43:25-26
8.  Isaiah 61:3b

I would love for you to come back and comment on which verse spoke to you!  






No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!