Monday, December 12, 2011

All is Calm...All is Bright

Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Matt 11:28

Rest for our souls.  Rest for our bodies.  Rest for our mental well-being.  Rest for our spiritual growth.

The song playing today is "Silent Night".  We all know the song and sing it every Christmas.  Think about the lyrics in contrast to the busyness of the Christmas season.

All is calm....All is bright.

Jesus came so our souls can be calm, so we can be bright as the star shining that night. 

It is hard to be a light with a stressed, hurried, and worried heart. 

The Greek word for  "rest" above is anapaulo.   It means:

-To cause or permit one to cease from any movement or labour in order to recover and collect his strength.
-Refresh
-To keep quiet, calm, and patient expectation

Do you need a break?  Do you need refreshing?  Do you need calmness and quietness?  Ask God.  Bring this promise to Him and ask Him to give you rest.  Ask Him to restore your soul.  Ask Him to quiet your mind.   Ask Him to fill you with His peace. 

The Lord is giving me a period of refreshing and rest.  I am so thankful.  He will do the same for you. 

He spoke this to me recently and He wanted me to share it with you this morning:

Where you are empty, I will fill you.

Where you are weak, I will be your strength

Where you are overwhelmed, I will be your peace. 

He is saying the same to you this morning.

Come with Me by yourselves to some quiet place and rest.  Mark 6:31

Instead of inner turmoil, we can have peace.  All can be calm no matter what is going on around us.  The song says "Sleep in heavenly peace."  We too can experience "Heavenly peace."   It is not just a song, it part of the gift God gave to us when He gave us Jesus.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!