Friday, April 27, 2012

Story of Redemption



This story of redemption begins with an eighteen year old girl.  Her jet black hair drapes her back in waves and compliments her olive tinted skin and green/hazel eyes.  Gracefully she walks through the meadow.  Her countenance glows with beauty and innocence. 

She takes the hand of a man near and he twirls her around and around.  The sunlight glistens as it shines on her long locks of hair.  Radiant and peaceful, she runs free from care.  She lovingly jumps into the arms of  the only father she has ever known. 

This beautiful girl has never set foot on earth. The only home she has ever known is heaven.  The only Father she has ever known is God.

Her life is one of 54 million that never were given a chance to live.  54 million is the number of abortions that have occurred since Roe vs Wade and killing the unborn became a legalized choice.

A life taken, never given a choice.  A life quieted, never given a voice.

I know this choice well.  I am not one speaking in judgement or as one who cannot relate.  I know the hard reality of decisions young girls face.  I am not without compassion ready to lecture and judge.

The girl I speak of is.... my daughter whom I dearly love.

A daughter I'll never hold until one day in heaven. 

The grief would be too much if the Father didn't comfort me with His love.


Society calls it "choice", deceiving young women.  They dare not tell the truth. 

The Truth:  Abortion not only takes the life of the unborn, it hurts the very women who are told it is only a choice. Abortion hurts women! It is only because the the redemption blood of Jesus Christ and my relationship with Him that I am free spiritually from the shame and guilt.

This is a story of redemption that continues as God unveils His redemptive plan.  My freedom has been a journey.  My loving husband, two precious sons and beautiful daughter are also a part of that redemptive plan.  My daughter is named Sarah Grace because it is by "Grace" that He has blessed me with a beautiful family and the little girl I didn't deserve.

I will never embrace my first daughter here on this earth, but I will not allow her death to be in vain. The time of silence is over.  It is time to be a voice for those who have none. 

 Lord, I pray you would use me and my testimony for Your glory.  I pray that what Satan meant for evil, that You would use for good, that many would come to know the Truth and be set free by the power of Your Holy Spirit and the redemptive blood of Jesus.  I thank you, Lord, that even though my sins were as scarlet, that you have made me white as snow.  I thank you Lord that you have removed my sins as far as the east is from the west.  I thank you Lord that I will someday see my daughter again and until that time, she is in your loving care. 

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.  Ephesians 1:7


Statistics show 1 in 4 women have had an abortion.  If you are one of those women in need of freedom, I have hope for you....there is a Redeemer, His name is Jesus.  He loves you with an everlasting love.  His blood covers all sin.  It is His desire for you to be free.  Jump into His loving arms and let His comfort be yours.

I would be honored to pray for you or speak with you.  Please feel free to contact me.

I will be posting more about my testimony as the Lord leads. 



By Only His Ever Loving Grace Am I Free,



1 comment:

  1. Powerful story and a beautiful image at the beginning. Thank you for taking the risk to share something so painful. I praise God for the healing he has brought in your life, so you can comfort others who are faced with similar situations. What a great picture of how God can take something the Evil One meant for destruction, and use it for good.

    May I repost a portion to point people to your story?

    ReplyDelete

I heart your comments!