Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Florida Sonshine (not a typo)

"The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you."  Numbers 6:25

As I am sitting here typing this post, I am a wee-bit tired from a wonderful weekend getaway to sunny Florida.  However, it has been over a week since I posted so I opted to lose some more sleep to share a little with you. 

Last June, two friends from high school convinced me to join them in running the Disney World Princess Half Marathon.  It wasn't an easy sell, but they sold it to me and I am a happy customer! I began training last August, getting up at 4:30 a.m. and other early hours often to train for the 13.1 miles distance.  This winter has been cold for Tennessee and many mornings were in the 20's during training.  Well, at last, all my hard work paid off.  This past weekend was the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend. 



All I can say is that I felt God's hand on the entire weekend.  Florida is known for being the "Sunshine State" and for me this past weekend, it was the "Son Shine State".  His presence was so evident to me.  The whole weekend was one giant kiss from my Heavenly Daddy.  

I may write more about all the details of how good my Daddy is and how I felt His SonShine on my face this past weekend later, but right now, I just want to say, "Thank you Daddy.  I love you. Thank you for an amazing weekend. Thank you for shining on me and being gracious to me."  

Father, I ask for you to shine Your face on these readers and be gracious to them.  I pray for them to see You at work in their lives.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!