Monday, March 3, 2014

Heart Surgery


"Come to Me, all all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."  Matt 11:28

Rest. This one word brings such comfort and peace. Doesn't just saying the word bring relief?

Rest can be defined as: peace of mind or spirit, freedom from activity or labor, sleep, free of anxieties, something used for support.  

I love all these definitions.  Mmmm... "Something used for support."  We might equate this to a "foot rest" or "arm rest" on a chair.  Jesus is our "rest".  He is our support and strength.  Not only does He give us rest.  He is our rest.

Today, I want to focus on entering His rest.

Recently, I was attending a prayer meeting for the Deeper Still ministry.  In these prayer meetings, there is much focus on worship (which I love!).  During the worship time, I caught myself falling asleep.  When I realized I was falling asleep, I attempted to wake myself up.  However, I felt the Lord say in my spirit,

"Rest. Rest in my presence. As a physician puts a patient to sleep for heart surgery, so I will do heart surgery while you sleep."

If you have followed my blog for very long, you probably realized that last year was a trying year.  My heart is still recovering, although God has already done much healing.  God needed to do some heart surgery that day while I rested in Him.  He is our rest.  He is our support.  He is our healer.  He is the great Physician.

Is your heart hurting today?  If so, I want to invite you to click on the link below, worship and rest in His presence.  Rest and let our great Physician do heart surgery.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!