Thursday, July 21, 2011

Camping Out

In case you haven't noticed, I haven't been posting as much.  It has been a little busier for me than usual over the past couple of weeks, so I've backed off of blogging to keep my sanity.  : )  I love blogging, but I also love being sane. 

I am getting ready to attend a conference this weekend that I have looked forward to for months.  It has taken a bit of preparation time and now it is finally here.  I want to ask you all to pray for me this weekend.  Please pray for peace, His annointing, the presence of the Holy Spirit, that God would give me utterance, that His will would be done.  I am going expecting the Lord to show up in a mighty way.  Thank you in advance for your prayers.

Lately, I have camping on John 15.  I love it!  God's Word is just full of treasures!

I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 

Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.  John 15:1-2

If you think about a grape vine....or any fruit or vegetable plant,  the bad branches, dead vines, and weeds have to be cut away in order for the good fruit to flourish.  Fruit is just a symbol here for our good works and the evidence of the love of Jesus in our lives.

The greek word for "prunes" is kathairo and mean to cleanse of fithly impurities.

When we are not bearing fruit, the Lord must deal with us, prune us.  When we are bearing fruit, the Lord will also prune us.  I've heard Joyce Meyer say,  "We are pruned if we do and pruned if we don't."  I'd much rather be pruned in the bearing fruit part. 

You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.  John 15:3


Ok, get ready...this is going to knock your socks off!  It might be a little hard to chew for some of you.  "You are already clean".  I didn't say it, Jesus did.

The greek word for "clean" is katharos and it means:  Like a vine cleansed by pruning and so fitting to bear fruit; free from corrupt desire, sin and guilt; blameless, innocent. 

Are you getting this!  You are already clean, you are already free from sin, you are already blameless and innocent!  I told you it was good.  Jesus has made you clean.

Abide in Me, and I in you.  As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.  

I am the vine, you are the branches.  He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.  John 15:4-5

If we are going to bear good fruits, we must stay connected to the Vine.  We cannot do anything without Jesus. 

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

If you abide in Me, and my Words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. John 15:6-7

I remember the first time I read the verse above.  It blew me away.  Read it again.  "If you abide in Me, and my Words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you." 

See, I grew up being taught that you never knew what the Lord was going to do.  He may or may not answer your prayer, but this verse says something different.  This verse says when you are plugged in to the Vine, whatever you ask WILL be done for you.  The reason we can be so certain is:

1.  Jesus said it.

2.  When we are abiding in His Word, we know how to pray His will.

 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.   John 15:1-8

Jesus wants us to bear good fruit.  God wants us to bear good fruit so others will see that you are His disciples.  It glorifies Him when we bear good fruit! 

Are you bearing good fruit today?  How is your abiding?  Are you camping out with the Lord?  Thanks for camping out with me today in His Word.  I pray for all of you to abide in Him and bear much fruit for His glory!  Love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!