Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hotel Snob

I have a confession to make.....

I am a hotel snob.  I enjoy staying in nice places and beautiful resorts, and I am a little snobbish about it.   I hope you do not think any less of me knowing this about me. 

Last week, Chris and I made a last minute decision to take a weekend getaway from everything.  My parents were in town and they agreed to watch the kids so we could getaway.  So we began our online search of hotels, cabin rentals, and bed and breakfasts.  Our goal was to find the perfect weekend getaway for us. 

Our plan was to leave Friday and as of Thursday night at midnight, we still hadn't found the right place.  Frankly, I was just being a bit of a brat.  The way I was acting, I really didn't even deserve a getaway.......

I realized my sin that night and I did ask the Lord (and my husband) for forgiveness.  God has a way of getting my attention when I am acting in a way unbecoming to Him.  He'll say to me, "Sue, what are you doing?" 

I have to admit that without Jesus, there is really nothing good in me.  I have nothing to offer on my own, anything good in me is because Jesus Christ is in me.  I have seen who I am without Jesus and it is not pretty.  I am so thankful that I am a new creation in Christ.  There are times when I am reminded of who I was before Jesus, and I do not like that person! 

I am so thankful for MERCY.

I will cleanse them from all their iniquity by which they have sinned against Me, and I will pardon all their iniquities by which they have sinned and by which they have transgressed against Me.  Jeremiah 33: 8

God is so merciful to forgive us when we sin and then come to Him in sorrowful repentance. 

Pardon from the Greek word "calach" meaning: to forgive, the primary idea is that of lightness or lifting up

I love that "lightness or lifting up".  Jesus took the burden of our sins.  Once we ask for forgiveness, we are lighter, we no longer carry the sin.  We have been pardoned! 

Then it shall be to Me a name of joy, a praise, and an honor before all nations of the earth, who shall hear all the good that I do to them.  Jeremiah 33: 9

The reason for the Lord's mercy is to show His goodness.  When we praise the Lord because of His mercy and all He has done, He is glorified and honored and His goodness is revealed to others.

The voice of joy and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the voice of those who will say:  


Praise the Lord of hosts,
For the Lord is good,
For His mercy endures forever

I am so thankful for His mercy.  His mercy is new every morning and it endures forever.  We may not deserve mercy, but thankfully the Lord does not give us what we deserve.  We deserved death on the cross, but Jesus took what we deserved.  

Although I did not deserve a nice getaway after my attitude Thursday night, the Lord showed me mercy.  We ended up having a wonderful time in a nice quiet cabin.  It was a perfect time full of peace, relaxation, and refreshing.  

I was even more aware of His goodness and mercy as we enjoyed His blessings this weekend.  When we realize how undeserving of His grace we really are, we are very thankful to experience it.  I was very thankful for the nice place we had this weekend, very thankful for the Lord's mercy and grace.  

The Lord is good and His mercy endures forever! 

Dear Heavenly Father,  thank you for your mercy, thank you for your loving kindness.  Although we mess up and sin, you are always faithful to forgive us and extend your mercy and grace to us.  Thank you for Jesus, thank you loving us so much that you sent Jesus to take the penalty for our sins.  We deserved death, but you gave us life.  Thank you for your mercy and grace.  We love you.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!