Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Answered Prayer: The Keys to Receiving {Part 3}


So far we have covered 2 keys to receiving answers to prayer.  To read the first two posts on "The Keys to Receiving" see: 
Answered Prayer: The Keys to Receiving {Part 1}
Answered Prayer: The Keys to Receiving {Part 2} 

Today, we are covering the third key to receiving. 


And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive. Matthew 21:22 (emphasis added)

Until now you have asked nothing in My name.  ASK, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.   John 16:24

So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.  Luke 11:9-10






The third key to receiving from the Lord: You have to go to Him and ASK.


This third key seems so elementary.  However, Jesus said in His Word that we have not because we ask not (James 4:3)  We have to go to the Lord in prayer and ask.  

One time it took me over a year to realize I could ask God for my husband to have a better job with an increase in pay and a decrease in hours.  Some even told me that was ludicrous.  How could he get a job that paid more while he worked less?!  Nevertheless, I asked and believed.  He was working until 8 or 9 o'clock in the evening.  At that time, we had three kids ages 4 and under.  Many nights, the kids and I would not see him before the kids went to bed.  I felt like I was a single mom during those days.  Every night, I would pray and thank God that He was providing a job with "better hours and more money".  It may not sound eloquent, but those were my exact words.  

God doesn't care about our prayers sounding eloquent.  It doesn't matter if you are asking for something big or small.  God cares about all of it.  He wants us to pray.  He wants to be involved in every aspect of your life.   

My epiphany to pray and ask for a change took awhile (over a year!).  However, after I asked, He delivered.  It didn't happen overnight, but it did happen in His perfect timing.  I wish I would have asked sooner!  

Is there something you want changed in your life?  Ask! Don't wait another day! (Definitely don't wait a year!)
Ask. Seek. Knock.  God is waiting on the other side of the door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!