Thursday, January 5, 2012

Property Father

My husband and I enjoy watching HGTV.  There isn't much on TV that we can watch, but watching houses seems fairly safe.  So, we nest there frequently when we need to mindlessly relax. One show we enjoy watching together is "Property Brothers".  Have you seen it?  It is a fun show.  These two brothers team up to help couples find a battered-down home that is desperately in need of repair and they transform it into a work of art!  It is mind blowing.  When they are done, the inside resembles that of a state of the art dream home. Granite. Stainless Steel.  Hard Wood.  The works! 

That is what God does with us.  He finds us broken, battered-down and transforms us into a completely new person.  That is exactly what He has done with me.  I wish I could show you what a mess He got when He purchased me.  I wish I had a before and after picture.


We are broken.  Thankfully, God is an expert restorer.  He wants our lives so He can do a major fixer-upper job.  He wants to completely refurbish us from the inside out.

And they shall rebuild the old ruins, they shall raise up the former desolations.  
And shall repair the ruined cities.  The desolation of many generations...
Instead of  your shame you shall have double honor, 
And instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion.
Therefore in their land they shall possess double;
Everlasting joy shall be theirs.  Isaiah 61: 4 and 7

All of Isaiah 61 is powerful.  This part is not as well known as the first verses, but they hold a special place in my heart because they describe what the Lord has done in my life.  He will do the same for you.   

I was speaking to a friend Wednesday night.  She seemed so full of peace.  I commented on how full of peace she seemed and she told me the Lord had spoken to her concerning her life.   Five simple words.  Five words of truth.  I make all things new.



What do you need God to make new in your life?  You may not need a total demolition job like I needed.  Maybe it is a new job, new home, new attitude, or newness in your marriage. Whatever you need, God will do it.  He will rebuild the old ruins and restore them to beauty.  If you think your old self is too much for Him, remember He has already restored you with His best.  He put in the stainless steel, granite and hardwood.  Your steel has already been made stainless by the blood of Jesus.  His Rock is more solid than granite.  The hardwood of the Cross He bore for you has covered it all.  You have been completely restored from the inside out.  Thank you Property Father.  I am so thankful You purchased this fixer-upper.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!