Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Keys To Receiving {Part 5: Abiding}

I remember the first time I ever read John 15.  I was SOOO excited!

If you abide in Me, and My words abide in  you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. John 15:7

Whatever I ask!!  Really!!  It knocked my socks off.  I went to my friends...."Look at this verse I found!"

That is how the Word of God is...full of treasures!  I had found gold, however, I was not focused on the real treasure. 

See, I only focused on the last part of the verse...."you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you."  There is one small conditional statement at the beginning of the verse..."If you abide in Me." 


The 5th Key to Receiving: 

Abiding in Christ


 


 Abide:  In the original Greek, it is the word meno, and it means "to remain", "to not depart", "continually".

If we "abide" in Jesus, we remain in Him continually.  If we truly are abiding in Him continually, then our hearts and our wills will be inline with His.  Therefore, what we ask will never be anything but His perfect will.  That is how this verse can say that the Lord will give you anything you ask.  

The treasure in this verse is not so much that God will do whatever you desire.  The real treasure in this verse is that we can abide in Jesus and His Word can remain in us!  Also, that we can know His perfect will.  Our desires being met is just an added bonus to a heart submitted to Him.

What is it you desire?  Peace, love, joy, security, stability, friends, money, job, better marriage, deliverance?  Something else unlisted?  All those listed above are in line with His will.  He wants you to have all of those and more! 

Abide in Him....Seek first the Kingdom and God.  The treasure you find in Him is more valuable than any earthly treasure that can be found.  However, when you abide in Him, your heart's desires will also be fulfilled (Ps 37:4).  He is always faithful. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!