Friday, February 17, 2012

And the Winner is.....+Love Shines

Good Morning!!!

Thank you to all of you who entered to win Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.  I used www.random.org to pick a winner and the winner is....Becky!!


"Arise, shine; For your light has come!  And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.  For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, And deep darkness the people; But the Lord will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you. The Gentiles shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising."   Isaiah 60:1-3

When someone is in love, you may have heard someone say they are "glowing".  You can see the love radiating from their face. The love in them contributes positively to their atmosphere. 

Love Shines. 

I have been thinking about how I contribute to my atmosphere.  Do I create a positive atmosphere?  Am I glowing?  Is love radiating from my face?  Do I shine?

Sadly, I do not think the answer is always "yes".   I would keep this to myself, but something in me tells me I am not alone.  I want to change my answer.  I want to be a person that is an atmosphere changer.  I want people to see the glory of the Lord upon me and be drawn to it! 

The love of God is in me and you.  (Romans 5:5)  I want His love in me to overflow into my atmosphere and the people around me.  
  
"But sanctify the Lord God in you hearts, and always be ready to give an answer to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you..." 1 Peter 3:15

I pray people would see the hope in me and ask me to give a reason for my hope.  I pray they would see that I am in love.  I am in love with the King of Kings!  I am in love with Jesus.  It is my aim to be an atmosphere changer. I pray to respond with the love of God, and not give into my flesh.  The world is full of darkness and many are searching for the Light.  Are you with me to shine today? 

Father, help me shine for you today.  Help me respond in love.  I pray I would be full of the fruit of the Holy Spirit.  I pray that I would be aware of Your love and Your presence that surrounds me.  I pray for your love to flow out of me to others.  I pray that I would positively affect my atmosphere with Your love.  Help me get out of myself and look to You and think of others.  I love you.  In Jesus' Name, Amen. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!