Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Finding that "Crazy About You" Love

"Crazy About You" love.  Have you ever experienced it?  Are you experiencing it now?

Chris and I did the typical "I like you, but I'm not going to tell you I like you" game when we were first falling for each other.  Both of us almost blew it a couple of times before we had a chance.  

Then, one night a friend of mine had had enough of it! She knew we liked each other and by golly she was going to see to it that we knew it also!  We were at "Lucy Bluz", (remember, this is pre-Jesus) a dance club at the time, currently it is a pawn shop. : ) She encouraged Chris to ask me to dance.  He did!  During the dancing, he looked at me and said, "You know I'm crazy about you, don't you?"  My heart melted.  I will never forget it. 

I was crazy about him too, and I still am after 13 years of marriage.

I am also crazy about Jesus.  I remember when I first fell in love with Jesus. I wanted to tell everyone!  I wanted to tell them everything He was doing in my life, whether they wanted to hear it or not!  He radically changed my life. 

I would say all Christians experience this "crazy about you" love for Jesus at first.  But, sometimes it fades or gets supressed.  Why does this happen?  I'm not going to pretend to know all the reasons, but today I am going to talk about one reason. Works.

Sometimes we can get so busy "doing" for the Lord that we cease "being" with the Lord.

I know your works, you labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil.  And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars; and you have persevered and have patience and have labored for My name's sake and have not become weary.  Nevertheless, I have this against you, that you have left your first love.  Rev 2:2-4

Now, I am not saying we shouldn't serve the Lord, oh contrar.  The verse right after this one says:

Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works...  Rev 2:5

However, these first works are the principle works, the work He has called you to do.  You are not called to do everything!  You are called to have passion and do what you are passionate about.  Does this mean we shouldn't sweep or help clean up after an event  if we do not feel passionate about it? Um, no!  It means follow your passion, but have a heart that is willing to sweep.  

I also want to look at Martha and Mary.

Martha welcomed Him into her house.  And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus' feet and heard His word. But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone?  Therefore tell her to help me."  (She seems a little annoyed with her sister, doesn't she?)  And Jesus answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things.  But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her." Luke 10:38-42

Martha was serving, but had forgotten the most important part.  She was so busy "doing" for Jesus that she forgot to "be" with Jesus. 

The same thing happens in dating and marriage.  At first, you are just happy to "be" with each other.  Dating is just a lot of "being" together.  Many times in marriage, people get so busy in doing, and they forget to just "be" together.  That can be where the love is dampened or seems to fade.  It is really still there, just quenched under all the doing and busyness.

Find your first love feeling again with Jesus and others you love.  

Stop all the doing!  Pray.  Cut out what really isn't important.  Cut out what you are not passionate about.  Be with Jesus.  Be with your husband.  Just be.  You will find that "crazy about you" love for Jesus and the ones you love.  It is there, buried under all the busyness.  Let it breathe, and give it life.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!