Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Scary Dreams


Thank you everyone for your prayers last week.  She Speaks was great.  My head felt like it might explode at the end of the weekend from all the new information compressing against the walls of my brain.  However, my brain did not explode and the new  information has had a few days to download into the proper compartments for storage until use.

I went to the She Speaks Conference with my friend, Becky Crenshaw.  She has a bang up blog called “The Word of God and A Cup of Joe” at www.joyfuljava.blogspot.com Here we are together at the conference.  Isn’t she so super cute?!  She is also a fun road trip buddy and roomie as well!  



Besides us, there were 648 other women.  All with one purpose…one dream.  All these women feel led by the Lord to speak or write for His glory.  AMAZING!  And God is using every one of them.  

Can I just be honest?   That many women in one place all with the same dream and calling can be a little intimidating.  I mean there are talented women there with BIG ministries.  And then there is me.  

In light of all they have to offer, my offering can seem insignificant.  Does what I have to say matter?   

My mentor says that comparison leads to pride or discouragement.  Discouragement was knocking on my door all weekend.   I decided not to let it in, but I still knew it was there.  Lingering.  Waiting.  Whispering doubt.

A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.  Proverbs 16:9

I am thankful that my dream is in the Lord’s hands.  I am thankful that He directs my steps.   A big dream in my hands would be a complete disaster.   If it isn’t established by the Lord, I don’t want any part of it.  I don’t want to go anywhere my God doesn’t take me.

Do you have a dream hidden inside your heart?  Does daring to speak of it frighten you? 

I have a dream so big it scares me!  It should.  Any dream that isn’t big enough to send shivers down our spine isn’t much of a dream.  We should have a dream so big that it will only be possible with God.  
  
He gave me my dream, and He will fulfill it in His timing and according to His plan.  He will fulfill the dream He gave you also.  We just have to cooperate and do what we can do and have faith and patience as we wait on Him. 

. 
What is your dream?  Will you give it to the Lord today?  Ask Him if it is His dream for you.  Ask Him to reveal His plans and purpose.  Ask Him to direct your steps.  

Your offering is not insignificant.  The Lord needs all of His children.  We all have a vital role to play in His Kingdom.  The Lord is the dream giver, and He has given us all a dream.  Don't be afraid of scary dreams. Let us not be afraid to dream.   No matter how big your dream is, let us not forget our God is BIGGER!

Dear Lord, thank you for the dream you have placed in my heart.   Thank you that you have a good plan.  Thank you that you direct my steps, Lord.  I pray that Your plan and purpose for my life would be fulfilled.  I pray that I would become all you created me to be. I pray that I would live my life worthy of the calling you given me.  Father, lead me and guide me in all You ways.  I want only to be in your perfect will.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.



1 comment:

  1. Sue, you were such an encouragement to me this past weekend. I can't believe it's already been a week! I am so happy I met you, and I hope we can stay in touch online. I am feeling the fear of the dream - (the stuff I talked to y'all about that night at dinner?). I don't know how God is going to work it out, but I know He will. Thank you for your words!! Have a good weekend at home!

    ReplyDelete

I heart your comments!