Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Flower Pot Pens {and Other Hidden Talents}


Five years ago, my daughter, Sarah, made a beautiful craft for me in Mother's Day Out.  It was a flower pot with 2 silk flowers in it.  I love it and have had it on my windowsill in the kitchen for all these years.



Well, the other day I was at the doctor's office and there was a flower pot on the counter.  Inside of it were   flowers that were actually pens.  I thought it was the niftiest idea!  When they weren't being used, the incognito pens could double as flowers in the pot and add a touch of beauty!  Amazing!

I left the office and didn't think much else of these miraculous pens.

A day later I was standing in my kitchen and my flower pot with the silk flowers caught my eye.  Hmmm.  I thought, "I wonder if those flowers are pens."

I walked over to the pot and took out one of the flowers.  They were pens!! All these years I had pens in that flower pot and didn't even know it!  I thought it was just a pretty decoration.  I had no idea of its practical use!  (Please don't judge me)  {Smile}

We are all flower pot pens. We all have talents that are hidden beneath the surface, however, may not realize our full potential and usefulness.

"For we are all His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them"  Ephesian 2:10

When God made you, He made you with a specific plan in mind.  He designed you thoughtfully and purposefully.  Whether you see it or not doesn't matter, it is there, hidden temporarily until you are ready to discover it.

"For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should  come to light."  Mark 4:22

I want to encourage you today to ask the Lord if anything is hidden in you that needs to be brought to light. Ask if there are any hidden talents or gifts that He would like you to discover to reveal your true purpose.

Perhaps God has called you to be a "pen" for Him and write for His glory.

For years I was like that flower pen and didn't even know I could write.  Don't be like me and have a perfectly good pen not fulfilling its writing destiny.  If you are a pen, write!

Whatever is hidden, God will reveal in His timing.  One thing is certain, there are hidden talents in every one of God's flowers.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!