Friday, May 27, 2011

Live Laugh Love


"Live, Laugh, Love" is a very popular expression these days.  I have this picture above on my living room wall. 
I put it there to help remind me everyday of how I should live.  I actually have the word "LOVE" in several places in my home to remind me that love should be the main focus in life. 

Today, I want to break these down from a Biblical perspective. 

LIVE

The Greek word for "live" is "zao" and it means "to enjoy life, to be fresh, strong, efficient, active, powerful, efficacious." 

The Greek word for "life" is "zoe" and means "the absolute fullness of life". 

Jesus said...."I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."  John 10:10

It is also worth noting that the word abundantly is "perissos" in the Greek and means"Superabundance, excessive, overflowing, surplus, over and above, more than enough, extraordinary, above the ordinary, more than sufficient." 

I don't know about you, but that just flat out EXCITES me!  God wants us to enjoy our life.  Jesus came to give us a super abundant life!  He came to give us a life overflowing with His goodness, a life of more than enough, a life that is above the ordinary!    He wants us to know the "absolute fullness of life" and then some! He wants us to have it more abundantly so we can bless others with our life, so we can use that overflow to show His love to others. 

LAUGH

 I wrote about this the other day.  It is so good to laugh.  We need to remember to laugh and play.  After all, we just saw that Jesus wants us to enjoy our life!

A merry heart does good like a medicine.  Proverbs 17:22

It says in Psalms 126:1-3 that when the Isrealites were set free and allowed to go back to Jerusalem that they were filled with laughter because of the great things the Lord had done for them.  Jesus has set us free and He has done great things for us.  This truth should fill us with joy and laughter!  


LOVE

Lastly, love.  Actually, it should be firstly love. (Although I don't think firstly is a real word)  :  )

There is so much to say about "love" and I know I cannot say everything today.  

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all you mind." 
This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it:
"You shall love our neighbor as yourself."

Love is the principal thing.  Without love, nothing else matters.  All of our deeds, all of our actions, all of our gifts mean nothing if we don't have love.  ( 1Cor 13:1) Our faith cannot even work if we are not walking in love. ( Gal 5:6) 

I have to constantly check my love walk and work on my love walk.  It is vital to life.   
Love is patient with imperfect people, love is kind and is not jealous or envious of others, love does not brag about itself, it is not prideful, it puts others first, it thinks the best of others and credits them with good intentions, love does not gossip or spread evil reports, but rejoices in truth.  This is a paraphrase of 1 Corinthians 12: 4-6.  

Oh, how we need the word in order to love properly.  I need this as much as anyone.  That is why I have the "love" in several places in my home.  I pray that the Lord would help me love like He loves. 

Father, help us to live how you want us to live.  I pray we would laugh and enjoy our lives.  I pray that we would love like you do.  In Jesus' precious name, Amen.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!