Monday, May 16, 2011

A New Princess

There is nothing sweeter than when a person comes to the Lord.  The only thing that may be sweeter for a mother is when it is her child.

HUGE PRAISE!  Our little 4 year old Sarah asked Jesus to come live in her heart on Saturday night.


This is her with Cinderella.  Isn't she precious!  She loves princesses!  She has always been a princess is training, and now she officially is one--a daughter of the Most High King!

I wanted to share a little about Saturday.....

I am BIG on prayer!  Praying daily for our kids is sooo important.  Just about everyday I pray and thank the Lord that our kids are coming to know Him at an early age and live for Him all of their days.

I have a prayer list from Family Life that I pray regularly for my kids.  It is a book mark with prayers and scriptures to support the prayers.

Praying God's Word is powerful.  

Saying that to say this didn't just happen, it is something I have prayed for since before Sarah was even born.

Saturday didn't start out a great day Looking back I can see how the enemy was trying to steal this moment away from us.  I won't go into details other than there was a battle going on in my mind that day and I started to feel sick Saturday night and even laid down for a couple of hours.  Chris fixed the kids dinner and I wasn't going to get up to help the kids get ready for bed, but I began to feel better.  The Holy Spirit prompted me to get up.

God can take any day and turn it around for His Glory!  Praise the Lord!

So, I got up and decided to read a new book I just bought to the kids.  It is "What to Say When You Talk to God."  by Stormie Omartian (the same author who wrote "Power of a Praying Parent"--also have read it--great!)

Then I read a preschool devotional to Sarah.  We read it about every night.  It is super cute.  It is a "Little Blessings" book called "Devotions for Preschoolers" by Crystal Bowman.

That night, the devotional was about having the Holy Spirit inside us and how He is always with us, He lives in us and helps us. 

The prayer with it said "May Your Holy Spirit guide me.  I'm glad He'll always stay inside me."


The conversation went something like this:

Sarah, does the Holy Spirit live inside you. 

Sarah: yes

Sarah, does Jesus live inside you?

Sarah: yes


Sarah, have you ever ASKED Jesus to live inside of your heart?  I don't remember you ever asking Him.  Would you like to ask him to live in you to be your Lord and Savior, to be your helper?


Sarah: yes


Do you love Jesus?  Do you believe he died on the cross for your sins and then rose again and is alive today? 


Sarah:  Yes, He died on the cross for me and He lives forever.  

(I wanted to be sure she knew what she was doing and not just saying yes to everything.)   ; )



Ok, then pray this prayer with mommy.  


Jesus, I believe you died on the cross for my sins and rose again and are alive today.   I ask you to come live in my heart, to be my Lord and my Savior, to help me and guide me.  Please forgive me of my sins, I want to live for you.  I ask Your Holy Spirit to come fill me and be my helper.   In Jesus Name Amen.  


It was such a sweet moment.  She was so excited and wanted to tell Daddy.  Chris then came in and she told him also.

If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.  For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  Romans 10: 9-10

Some people may think that they are Christians or that they are going to Heaven.  Sarah answered "yes" to if Jesus lived in her, but she had never asked Him. If you haven't prayed a prayer like the one above and confessed Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then you are not truly saved. Are you 100% sure you are saved and will live eternally with Jesus in Heaven?  If not, you can be sure.  All you have to do is believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus died for you and rose again.  It is really that easy, so easy a toddler can do it!  : )

Sarah is such a blessing to our family and now she is part of a BIGGER FAMILY!  Welcome to the Family, Sarah!  We know God has a good plan for you and that you will be a blessing to His Family!

We want all of you to be a part of the Family also!  We want to spend eternity with you!

Thank you for letting me share this sweet moment with you and rejoicing with us!

Also, I want to encourage you that if your child is not living for the Lord, or someone else dear to you isn't living for the Lord to continue to pray.  Prayer changes things!  This week, I will share some of the prayers we pray over our children regularly as I mentioned above and some promises for you to hold on to from God's Word.   We want all our children to know Jesus and be a part of the Bigger Family!  

3 comments:

  1. Sue, thank you for sharing about Sarah's salvation decision. I, as a friend and one of her teachers, am SO blessed! I have a new little sister!

    Love,
    Paul Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo Hoo! Sweet girl! I am SO thrilled! oxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I heart your comments!