Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Need a Laugh?

A merry heart does good, like medicine...Proverbs 17:22


This is Luke. Yesterday, we had a fun filled day.  It was Luke's 6th birthday and he graduated from Kindergarten all in one day!  I was a little emotional Monday night thinking this is my last night that Luke will ever be five years old.  He will never be five again and he will never be a Kindergartener again.  *sniff, sniff*  

Here he is in his cap and gown, isn't he adorable! Luke definitely does my heart good, he brings much joy to our home. 

Luke's middle name is "Laughter"......literally.  : )
It is Isaac and it literally means "Laughter".  It is very appropriate for him.  

Quick story...the way Luke got his middle name is that when I was giving birth to him, I literally pushed him out by laughing.  (Yes, I had an epidural ladies...I don't know how much laughing would have been going on if I hadn't had one!)  I thank the Lord for epidurals!  My doctor is a Christian and he said, "You should name him Isaac, he is an Isaac baby.  We already had decided "Luke", so Isaac was added to his middle name.  

So, this morning, in honor of our new Kindergarten graduate and six year old, I am going to share some things Luke has said or done to give us the gift of laughter this year.  I hope they make you laugh too, laughing does the heart good.  These are not to laugh at Luke, but to honor him.  He brings us so much joy. 

Some funnies during dinner....
"This tastes like Zebra!"

While eating, Luke started crying saying, "This is making me cry."  Through his tears he said, "This is the worst chicken I have ever tasted."  (We were actually having fish) 

Have you ever seen the movie, "The Pink Panther" with Steve Martin.  Luke says "hamburger" just like he does in the movie.....Hambugu, Haaambuuga....

A couple of funnies during school that I heard about....

Luke put his underwear on his head at school and was walking around with his underwear on his head......oh yes he did! (I wrote about this one in another post, "Underwear on Your Head".)

He had a little potty accident, so he had to change his clothes in the bathroom in their classroom.  He opened the bathroom door buck naked (except his socks) holding his clothes and said, "What am I suppose to do with these clothes?"

A couple of funnies while playing at home....

From the other room, I heard Luke say in a tattle tell voice, "Mo--om, Sarah is kissing me on purpose." 

Joe had a friend over.  The boys were talking about where they would like to go on vacation.  Joe's friend said, "I'd like to go to Australia."  Joe said, "I'd like to go to Hawaii."  Luke said......"I'd like to go to Neverland."  When I asked Luke why he wanted to go to Neverland, he said, "Because they have cheese there."


I hope those brought you some laughter this morning.  God is so good to give us the gift of laughter.  We know God has a good sense of humor.  I've heard you can just look at a giraffe to see God's sense of humor.   He is the creator of humor.  It is so neat to see different facets of God in people.  God has made us all so special and unique.  

When God made Luke, He put a special gift of laughter and humor in him.  When He made you, He put special gifts and abilities in you.  He has a unique and divine plan for your life, and it is a good plan.  He wants the best for you, just like we all do for our children.

Laughter is good and we all need it, but true joy can only come from the Lord.  

You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.  Psalms 16:11 

Abide in the Lord, in His presence and He will give you fullness of joy.  If joy is missing from your life, I encourage you to check your abiding. 

These things I have spoken to you that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.  John 15:11

Praying today that you would know the joy of the Lord, and that the Lord would bring laughter into your life. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!