Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Ultimate Multitasker

"Mommy, can you get me some more milk please." " Mommy, can  you please get me some ketcup."  "Mom, may I please have some lemonade." (I added the "please" in there so you would think my kids were always very polite.  They do pretty well, but it would be untruthful for me to say they always say please. ) : )

Above is a typical dialoge that happens at our home about lunch time.  Each question is usually asked back to back by all three kids simultaneously.    Following this series of questioning,  I would probably say in a gentle voice something along the lines of, " Mommy is one person and I am trying the best I can.  I will get it in a minute." 

I can prove evolution is not true just by looking at moms.  If the theory of evolution had any merit, moms would have at least 5 arms by now.  Wala, I have disproved evolution and I am not even a scientist!

We have limits.  Even the most efficient multi-tasker mom cannot do everything all at once.   On the other hand, our God is not bound by those same limits.  HE is the ultimate multitasker!  The other day I wrote about how God is not limited to only blessing one of His children at a time.  God is not limited by time, distance, space, or resources.  His basket He has to draw from is infinite.  There is no end, there is no beginning, there is no here or there.

Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations.  Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You had formed the earth and the world, Even from Everlasting to everlasting, You are God.  Psalms 90: 1
 

We cannot grasp the concept of omniscience, omnipotence, or omnipresence in our finite minds.   Comprehending who God is and how He can be everywhere at once and do everything at once does not register with us.  How could it when we cannot even get our 3 kids 3 different things all at the same time?  Or have you ever had all your kids trying to speak to you at once!  It is impossible for us to listen to all of them at the same time, yet God can listen to our prayers, our thoughts, and answer us all at the same time!  WOW!  He is amazing! 

God is doing so much around us and we are not even aware of all that He is doing.  When at the women's conference I attended a couple weeks ago, it amazed me to see all God was doing.  He had so many different women working on books, speaking and teaching for Him.    He was at work and that conference was just a miniscle example of all He is doing on the earth.  God wants to use all of us for His purposes and His glory.  It is a big earth and He wants to use you to reach others for Him.   All He needs is a willing and obedient heart.  

O Lord, You have searched me and known me.  
You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off.  
You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. 
For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold you know it altogether.  
You have hedged me behind and before, and laid You hand upon me. 
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it. 
Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence?
If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in sheol, behold, You are there;
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there You had shall lead me.  And Your right hand shall hold me.  Psalms 139: 1-10

The next time you are overwhelmed with your to-do list or wish you had 5 arms, remember our God is greater, He is our ever-present helper.  He is the Ultimate Multitasker!  

Oh Lord, I am so thankful You never leave us.  Thank you, Lord, that nothing is too hard for you.  Thank you for always being with us and always being where we are.  You are always faithful and are well able to care for all of Your children.  You are great, Oh Lord, Your works are marvelous and wonderful.  Thank you for all You do for us and for loving us so much.  We are but vapors, yet, You love us beyond measure.  We praise Your Holy Name, forever. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Don't have kids yet but can definitely relate on having a lot going on at once. Great post, Sue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trisha! I needed this one as well!

    ReplyDelete

I heart your comments!