Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Innocent Even Though Guilty

"He reached down from heaven and rescued me; he drew me out of deep waters.  
He delivered me from my powerful enemies, from those who hated me and were too strong for me.
They attacked me at a moment when I was weakest, but the Lord upheld me.

He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me.
The Lord rewarded me for doing right; he compensated me because of my innocence.

For I have kept the ways of the Lord; I have not turned from my God to follow evil.  For all his laws are constantly before me; I have never abandoned his principles.

I am blameless before God; I have kept myself from sin.
The Lord rewarded me for doing right, because of my innocence in his sight."  2 Samuel 22:17-25

The Lord led me here this morning.  King David wrote this at the end of his life.  The same King David who committed adultery and murder says at the end of his life that he kept the ways of the Lord and kept himself from sin.  He said he was innocent.  How is this? 

David knew the power of the forgiveness of God.  David knew his covenant with the Lord.  David knew the heart of God.  In 1Kings 15:3, it says that David's heart was perfect with the Lord's heart.  He was a man after the heart of God. 

My history is as soiled as David's.  Perhaps yours is as well.  Yet, I understand how David can write these words free from the condemnation of past sins.  I could write the same words David wrote. 

God is my rescuer.  He has delivered me.  He has upheld me.  He has led me to a place of safety.  He rescued me because He delights in me.  I am blameless before God.  I am innocent in his sight.  He has blessed me beyond measure.   

Can you write these words?  He has removed your sin as far as the east is from the west (Ps 103:12).  Is your heart right before the Lord?  Man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart.  If you have a heart after the Lord, your desire will be to please Him and not sin.  Do we mess up?  Yes, but having a heart after God means that we do not go looking to sin and are quick to repent if we do.  He is always there to reach down and lift us back up when our hearts are right before Him. 

You are blameless and innocent in His sight.  If you are in Christ Jesus, the blood of Jesus covers all sin.  You are worthy of the good life God has for you.  No matter how soiled your past may seem, the blood of Jesus washed it clean.    

"As for God, His way is perfect.  All the Lord's promises prove true."  2 Sam 22:31


Are you living the good life God promises for you?  If not, why not?  If you don't know the promises of God, do a little digging in your Bible.  You will be amazed at what you find!  You are worthy of all God has for you not because of what you have done, but because of what He did. 

At the end of your life, I want you to be able to write as David did, "The Lord rescued me..... the Lord delivered me....the Lord upheld me....I kept the ways of the Lord.... the Lord rewarded me because I was innocent in His sight."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!