Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Be Encouraged

But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down and looked into the tomb.  John 20:11

Sometimes things happen that we don't understand.  None of the disciples understood what was happening when Jesus died.  The Jews thought Jesus had come to establish a kingdom and bring freedom and deliverance.  That is why He came, but it did not happen the way their human minds had conceived.

If you need encouragement today, I encourage you to look into the tomb as Mary did.  IT IS EMPTY!  We serve a risen Savior.  He is unmoved by events and circumstances.  He is not surprised nor overwhelmed.

God is still on the throne.  We may not understand, we just need to look to the One who does.

Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord.  Psalms 21:24

Why are you cast down, O my soul?  And why are you disquieted within me?  Hope is God for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance.  Psalms 42:5

For You are my hope, O Lord God; You are my trust from my youth...My praise shall be continually of You.  Psalms 71:5-6

The Lord is my strength and my shield, My heart trusts in Him and I am helped.  Therefore my heart greatly rejoices and with my song I will praise Him.  Psalms 28:7

The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalms 27:1

The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him.  Exodus 15:2

Be of good courage.  Let not your heart be troubled.

Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.  John 14:1

The tomb is EMPTY and Jesus is alive. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!