Sunday, February 2, 2014

L.U.K.E.

Our middle son, Luke, went to a birthday party at Lazor Quest yesterday.  For those who do not live in Knoxville or who don't have a boy between the ages of 4 and 20, Lazor Quest is an advanced game of tag in which your goal is to tag the other players with lasers.  It is played in darkness with the only lights being the lasers aimed at players whose goal is also to hit their friends with lasers.

One of the fun things about Lazor Quest is having the opportunity to name your laser tagging alter ego with whatever ultra-cool name enters your imagination.  Yesterday, my son, Luke, chose L.U. K.E.

Upon first glance, his name choice does not appear to be very original.  So, I asked my husband what the letters represented.  He said, "L-oving, U-mbrella, K-ind, E-ntertaining.  Umbrella?  I wasn't sure the U was right.  I went to the source for the correct acronym.

Luke told me L.U. K.E. stood for: Loving, Unknown, Kind, Entertaining

I agreed with the L,K, and E, but I had to question the U.

He said U was Unknown because he was in the dark and you couldn't see him  (He was in stealth mode.) Then he said, "But, I wasn't really unknown because the light allowed others to see me."

I began thinking about how we can feel "unknown".   I think many people feel like no one sees them?

Perhaps you feel "Unknown".  Perhaps you feel like you are not seen.  However, you have been taken out of the darkness and belong to the "Light".   If you feel alone or insignificant or hidden or invisible, I hope you will know that U are not unknown.  There is One who knows the very hairs on your head and saves your tears in a bottle. God knows.  God sees.  You are precious to Him.

I hope, like Luke,  if you have labeled yourself as "unknown" that you will come to the same realization he did-- The Light shines on you and you are not hidden or invisible. You are known.

Power Verses:

"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered." Matt 10:30

"You number my wanderings; Put my tears into Your bottle; Are they not in Your book?" Psalm 56:8

"You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off." Psalm 139:2 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!