Friday, April 8, 2011

All Things New

I have been looking forward to this day for many weeks.  This weekend  Chris and I get to be a part of something that my heart has desired to do for over a year.   I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve Him.  Today, my husband and I are hosting Family Life's "The Art of Marriage" Conference at our church.  43 couples will come tonight and tomorrow to learn about God's design for their marriages. 

I have such a heart for marriages.  I hate to see what is happening in our world with marriages.  Over half end in divorce and so many others are broken and are not what God designed marriage to be. 

God designed marriage to be a reflection of His relationship with His church. 

The enemy has gained significant ground in this area.  Marriages are the fabric of our nation.  When they are weak and broken, our whole culture is weakened and starts to crumble.  The enemy knows this and that is why he has set out to attack marriages. 

At some point, many of our lives were broken and we came crawling on our knees to the Lord.  We asked Him to come into our hearts, to forgive us, to cleanse us, to make us new.   I am a living, breathing miracle!  When I think of where I was and how far the Lord has brought me, I am overwhelmed with thankfulness.  I don't look anything like the person I was before I came to Him.  If any of my high school friends are reading this, I am sure I'd hear an "AMEN!"


Therefore, is anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; 
behold, ALL THINGS HAVE BECOME NEW.  2 Cor 5:17

This verse is sooo powerful.   Jesus makes all things new.  We see how He changes people when they come to Him......He can do the same thing for our marriages and make them new when we ask Him and both are willing to change.  That is such a big factor, God won't make anyone change who doesn't want to change. 

Everything around us is changing right now.  It is Spring and the trees are getting new buds, the grass is becoming green, the flowers are starting to bloom.  As you look around today, remember this is a reminder from the Lord that He makes things new, that He brings new life.  Let Him bring new life into your marriage.  Let Him into every aspect of your life and allow Him by His power to work to turn it all around to bloom beautifully and glorify Him. 

When God brings new life, He sends rain to water it, to nourish it.  Without rain, the grass would not get green and the flowers would not bloom.  God's Word is our Living Water.

That He might sanctify and cleanse it by the washing of water by the Word.  Eph. 5:26

I am believing today that as these couples come tonight and tomorrow that God will do only what He can do.  I am believing that He will make things new, that He will bring life back into the marriages that have become dry or dead.  He is the Living Water that never runs dry. 

If there is anything in your life that is dry or even dead, I pray that you would seek the Lord and His Word.  The same God that raised Jesus from the dead, will heal you, will give you new life wherever you need it.  I pray that He would do what only He can do and make all things new for you.  


He is sending Healing Rain to water the dry or dead areas and make them new!

2 comments:

  1. Sue, this is so powerful. I am going to share it on Facebook! Mmm! I wish we could have been there for the conference. I am so proud of all you are doing. Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky! I wish you guys could have come too! It was powerful and I am so thankful that the Lord let us be a part of what He did this weekend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I heart your comments!