Friday, April 1, 2011

My Bubble

There is a lot of hurt and pain in the world.  It can be overwhelming to think of it all.  I have been praying for God to give me more compassion for those that are hurting.....

I like to live in what I call "My Bubble".  It is a nice place where everything is wonderful, positive, there are no problems and I don't want to know about any problems, so don't tell me.  That is "My Bubble".   The only problem with my bubble is that it isn't real and what it really does is detach me from the real world we live in and the real hurts many are facing.

A few years ago, God started dealing with me about my bubble.  He started showing me that He didn't want me to have a bubble, and He started showing me some of what people are actually going through out there.  It was heart breaking to say the least.   We, as Christians, cannot afford to live in a bubble.  We can't just stay in our own safe little world.  That is not what God has called us to do. 

Like I said above, there is sooo much hurt in the world;  children born addicted to drugs, sex trafficking, prostitution, abortion, homelessness, poverty, hunger/starvation, death of loved ones, cancer, and of course all that is happening throughout the world with wars, Japan's situation, and the list could go on.  Yesterday, I just broke down and cried over it all.  Like I said, it can be overwhelming.  However, what God doesn't want us to do is just grow numb over it all, to grow cold.....

Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold.  Matt 24:12

To me this says that because of all the sin and pain in the world, many will just stop caring, become cynical, and stop loving.  Friends, I don't want my love for people to grow cold.

I am reminded of the story in the Bible of the "Good Samaritan".  To refresh you memory.....a  man was jumped by robbers and left for dead by the side of the road.  Two "churchy" men walked by and didn't help him.  I don't want to be like those men!

Finally, all of you being of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous.  1 Peter 3:8

We are in such a hurry today with our busy lives.  We always have somewhere to go, to run the kids, work to do, and we barely look up long enough from our phones to see what people are going through around us.  Lord, I pray I would not be too busy to stop and help someone in need, to pray for someone who is hurting, to give where I need to give, to love who needs Your love.  

Let God interrupt you.  His interruption may be a divine appointment.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.  Col 3:12

Compassion doesn't just happen.  We have to choose to "put it on", to wear it, clothe ourselves in it.  Compassion can be in praying for someone hurting, giving a hug or a smile, talking with someone who just needs an ear, giving time or money to organizations that reach out to the homeless or the hungry locally or internationally, etc.  It really just comes down to loving and caring about others and showing it somehow.

What are you wearing today? 

Dear Heavenly Father, help me to love like you love, to see people as you see them.  Lord, I pray for a heart of compassion for the lost, the hurting. There is so much hurt in the world,  I pray for you to show me what you would have me doto be your hands and feet to help these precious people.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!