Ten weeks have past since we opened the cover of the book So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore. The words on the pages inspired by the Holy Spirit have held much revelation and encouragement for me and I hope for you as well.
Woohoo!! SO LONG INSECURITY and may I add, GOOD RIDDANCE. You really have been a bad friend.
Here are some of the main points from each week:
1. God created us, He knows our humanity and all our faults and loves us unconditionally. He knows we are but dust. He has everlasting mercy on us and wants to help us.
2. The excellence of the power of God lives in us. The Spirit of God lives in you. Do not doubt that you can do what God has called you to do, He has equipped you for every good work. He has chosen you to glorify Him. ( 2 Cor 4:7. Eph 2:10)
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. 2 Cor 4:7
3. Some of the most prominent figures in the Bible dealt with insecurity and by God's grace they overcame. Insecurity is rooted in fear. Identify what you are afraid of and go to the Lord. He delivers us from all our fears.
I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Ps 34:4
4. There are many roots of security and many run deep. Rejection is a common root of insecurity. Our perceptions of rejection are not always accurate. Whether it is perceived rejection or actual rejection, we need to disregard the voice of rejection and listen to what the Lord says. He accepts us. He wants us. He loves us. He pursues us. He fights for us.
No matter what our root of insecurity is, He has made all things new including us.
5. We are clothed with strength and dignity. We are covered by God. He has called us worthy and honored.
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. Proverbs 31:25
6. Ask God to help you see others through His eyes. Keep your eyes on Jesus.
7. Think of yourself as the one Jesus loves.
8. We have the power to choose security. We can choose to spiral up instead of down by choosing to react a different way when face with insecurity triggers. We don't have to attach insecurity to our hurt, disappointment, uncertainty, humiliation, failures, etc.
9. Be mindful of others. Personalizing people helps disarm your insecurity triggers. Everyone has insecurity triggers. Eyes off self and on others and Jesus. Build others up. Don't play the comparison game. Don't do "bad math" (See "Eyes Off Us" post).
God calls us lovely and has chosen us as His dwelling place.
How lovely is Your dwelling place, Oh Lord Almighty. Ps 84:1
10. Trust God.
Doesn't number 10 just sum it all up nicely? Thank you for going on this journey with me! I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have.
In celebration of our security in Christ, I am giving away a copy of the So Long Insecurity Journal and small resource book The Promise of Security.
To enter to win the GIVEAWAY, you can do one of the following:
1. Become a follower of this blog. I would LOVE for you to become a follower!
2. Leave a comment below with your name, so I will know who you are. : )
3. Share on facebook or leave a comment on facebook link.
You have until Friday morning at 6:00 am. to enter. I will announce the winner on Friday. Thanks to all you SECURE women in Christ!!! (and men too.. ) : )