Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wild Ride

On Monday, I shared a little bit about how Chris (my husband) and I met.  If you are interested, I thought I would share a little more about that story today.  (I love a good love story, don't you?)

For those of you who have been to Disney World in the past, do you remember "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride"?  It isn't there anymore, for good reason--no one remembers the cartoon.  It is now the "Winnie the Pooh" ride.  A much better use of space.  However,  those cues lines will also hold a special place in my heart.  It was in those cue lines that I realized Chris was a gem.  (Waiting in line has its advantages--there is often purpose in the waiting.) The "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" revelation happened during that first week I mentioned on Monday.

So, you may be wondering....what could have happened in a cue line?  He listened to me.  He showed interest in me. He asked me questions about me.  Most of the guys and people I had met, talked more than they listened.  It was clear, He wanted to know me.  It was the turning point for me as seeing him as more than just a guy with a Frat hat.

Do you know that you have a God that is interested in you?

But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.   Matt 10:30

The God of the Universe cares about every hair on your head.  He cares about your deepest desires.  He cares about your darkest fears.  He cares about your innermost heartaches.  He knows all you have been through.  He saw you and knew you before you were even born (Jeremiah 1:5).  He had you in mind before the foundations of the world!

Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love.  Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ.  (What a pleasure he took in planning this!)  Ephesians 1:4-5 (MSG)

Most people have heard about Jesus.  They know a little about Him or at least they think they do.  They may just look at Him as just another religious figure or guy with a white robe and long hair that wants to tell them how to run their life.  My heart breaks for them.  Jesus is more than just a guy in a white robe. 

He is standing next to you in the cue line for the wildest ride we could ever imagine on earth, much wilder than Mr. Toad's!  ; )  He is waiting for you to get on the ride with Him.  He wants you to know He is interested in you.  He wants you to know Him.  Talk to Him.  Let Him listen to you.  Abandon yourself to the wildest ride and greatest love you will ever know. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!