Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Oh, You Shouldn't Have


The last several posts were birthed through my personal journey of learning how to receive.

A few posts back in "Answered Prayer:The Keys to Receiving {Part 1}, I shared a story about how our Pastor had spoken a blessing from the Lord over us. He then looked into my eyes with laser focus and asked, "Do you receive this word?"  In that post I shared my innermost thoughts...

Did I?  Did I believe it?  Did I believe that what he said the Lord was saying would actually happen?  Did I believe I was worthy of it?

The truth is... at that time, I didn't feel worthy of it. It was a big word, and I am small.  Lord, are you talking to the right girl!  You know my struggles.  You know my weaknesses.  You know my insecurities.  You know all I have done.

I wanted to receive it, and I did in faith.  In faith was the only way I could receive it.  

Has anyone ever given or offered you a gift that you felt was too big for you to receive?  Have you ever been given a gift that was hard to receive?  Some of you may even have turned down a gift because you couldn't receive it. 

When it comes to the Lord, I want to receive ALL He has for me.  Can you imagine the Lord trying to give you a gift and you say, " Oh, Lord, you shouldn't have. That is ok, Lord.  You keep it. "  No!  A thousand times, no!  Yet, that is what we do many times.

God is God, and He has it all.  Not only that, He is our Father and we are heirs according to the promise!  We are joint heirs with Christ!  (Romans 8:17, Romans 4:1-25) 

The Lord has given us many gifts including prosperity (financial and spiritual), good health, abundance living, forgiveness, restoration, justification, grace, joy, peace, love, and others.

I wish above all things that you prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.  3 John 1:2

I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.  John 10:10


Charles Stanley said:

"One of our greatest comforts is the fact that God never changes. Unless we realize that this truth includes His love-which He gives us no matter what--insecurities and feelings of unworthiness will rob us of the abundant life Christ has promised."

For the longest time, I could not receive "forgiveness".  I was punishing myself for past sins, when Jesus had already paid my price.  I had already been justified to righteousness through His blood.  However, I was unable to receive all the good the Lord wanted to give me.  I felt unworthy of good relationships with other godly women.  I would self-sabotage because I didn't feel worthy of the good life God had for me.  My own feeling of unworthiness were robbing me of all Christ had promised me! 

Is there anything Jesus has already died to give you that you are not receiving?  Receive it in faith. Believe. In Romans 4, it says that Abraham received the word from the Lord in faith and it was accounted to him as righteousness.  God wants us to believe.  God wants us to receive all He has for us.

I would love for you to share if you have ever experience a difficulty receiving a gift the Lord wanted to give you.
Living Free,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!