Thursday, May 10, 2012

God, I Could Really Use a Tissue

The sound of the ocean and pale early sunlight called me to rise and shine.  What a glorious way to begin a day!

Is there any sound as beautiful on this earth as the calming sound of the ocean? Is there any vision as heavenly on earth as glimmering waves as sunlight reflects off the surface of the deep? 

The ocean is full of the presence of the Lord.  What is it about the ocean?  Its vastness and beauty is a remarkable display of the Lord's glory, yet even it is dismal in comparison. 

As I sat by the ocean that morning basking in the presence of the Lord, it seemed that the world stopped for a moment.  The busyness of the world had not yet rose to meet the day.  The only sounds were the sounds of ocean waves and sea gulls flying overhead. 

There seemed to be no one else in the world but me and God.  Complete peace.

I sat on the beach soaking in His glorious creation.  I felt the Lord's presence as I wept tears of joy for all He has done for me.  A heart full of gratitude.  A heart full of praise.   The tears turned into sobs until I was just a snotty, leaky mess. 

I laughed at myself as I spoke to the Lord, "God, I could really use a tissue?"  : )


As I spoke I had humorous visions of the Lord causing a tissue to float down the sandy beach into my lap.  The vision made me smile as I thought of how wonderful our Lord is, and how much He loved me. 

I did look down the beach to see if a tissue was coming.  No tissue, so again I smiled at the thought and decided to open my Bible. 

You, seriously, are not going to guess what happened!  A tissue (napkin) flew out of my Bible!! 

Is our God awesome or what?  I just shook my head in amazement as I wiped away my snotty mess.  God, you are really too much!

Show me your unfailing love in wonderful ways.  Psalms 17:7

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained, 
What is man that You are mindful of him? 
For you have made him a little lower than the angels, 
And You have crowned him with glory and honor.  Psalms 8: 3-5

 The Lord provides everything we need and He takes care in attending to the details of our needs.  He wants to "show off" to us, and I think He gets a kick out of it. 

The Lord who created the vast ocean and all the life that fills it, was mindful that I was in need of a tissue that morning.  He knew I would be sitting there in His presence.  He knew I would need a tissue.  He never ceases to amaze me! 

He is aware of every hair on our heads, every tear shed. 

You number my wanderings; Put my tears into You bottle; Are they not numbered in Your book?  Ps 56:8


It overwhelms me that the Lord would keep my tears in a bottle and number them.  (It must be a bottle the size of the ocean!  I have very active lacrimal glands!)

What an incredible God we serve!  He sees every tear.  Nothing goes unnoticed by Him.  Do you need a tissue?  Do you need Him to wipe away the tears and bring fullness of joy?  His Word brings comfort no amounts of Puffs could ever bring you.   Ask Him for the "tissue" you need, open His Word and let Him amaze you! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!