Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Between a Rock and a Hard Place


"If God is for us, who can be against us?  He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?  Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen?  It is God who justifies.  Who is he that condemns?  Christ Jesus, who died--more than that who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?...No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us."  Romans 8:31-37  

I want to encourage you to read the verse above out loud...slowly.  Let it penetrate your heart and soak into your spirit.  

The phrase, "If God is for you, who can be against you?", is continually being kept in front of me by the Lord.  It is a reoccurring theme for me this summer.  

I am in a hard place.  There are emotions and circumstances in my life presently that are difficult.  I need to know God is for me.  I need to know His love is enough and is never failing.  I need to know He is interceding for me and nothing can separate me from His love.  

As I was reading this scripture the other day, I told my husband..."I am in a hard place."  He asked me lightheartedly (because that is how he is--and a joy to live with!), "So, you aren't between a rock and a hard place?"  Then, it hit me...

Yes!  THAT is where I NEED to be!  I need to be between "THE ROCK" and the hard place.  Or better yet, I need the Rock between me and the hard place.  Jesus is my Rock.  I am not alone.  He is with me in the middle of my circumstances.  If He is for me (and with me), who can be against me?   

If you are going through something difficult today, let the Rock get between you and your hard place.  He is bigger than anything.   

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?...No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!