Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Hidden Treasure


"For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden in Christ with God."  Colossians 3:3




A puzzle box is a box that holds secret treasures that are hidden from sight at first glance.  It is only through a series of intricate maneuvers that the contents within are unveiled.

When we accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we died to our old life.  The old us departed and we became a new creation in Christ Jesus (2 Cor 5:17).  That is, after all, what being "born again" is all about.

However, we didn't become our new selves all at one time.  That would be nice, but there is a transformation that is required to take place gradually over time.  Just as a baby is born and is unable to walk, eat meat, or talk until it learns to do these things over time, our maturing process and growing as a Christian is reflectively similar.

Yes, we are new creations, just as a baby is a new creation.  And just like a baby grows and develops over time into a grown- up version of the same person, our spiritual growth in becoming all God created us to be takes time.

Who we really are is hidden.  Who we really are is hidden in Christ with God.  God is constantly twisting and turning and maneuvering in our lives so that the real treasures hidden inside of us emerge.  As we study God's Word and as we pray and grow closer to the Lord, our real life is revealed.  We become different people, better people.  We become more like Christ and less like our old dead selves.

We become our true selves.

When I rededicated my life to Christ and truly decided to follow Him, I was a tangled mess.  God has taken one strand at a time to un-knot the mess I created.  We cannot see the finished picture right now.  Our real life, glorious life, is hidden.  He is still working and I know He won't be finished with me until I meet Him face to face before His glory.

The more I spend time with Him and the closer I grow to Him, the more I like who I am.  I like this new me, and the reason I can say that is because He is remaking me into who He original designed me to be--
The true me.  I'm not there yet, but I am thankful I'm not where I was!

Your real life is hidden too, and you are going to LOVE who God created you to be!  Just keep walking with Him, one step at a time, and you will be amazed at the treasures inside!

Father, I thank You that You have designed each of us unique and special, with certain gifts, talents and abilities.  I thank You that as we grow closer to You and spend time in Your presence that we become more and more of who you created us to be, and our true identity is discovered, our identity in Christ.  Lord, I ask for everyone reading today that you would reveal to them another facet of their real life that is hidden in Christ Jesus.  Father, help us all to know our old life is gone and that You have a new life for us in You.  We love you, and I pray we will become all you intended us to be.  In Jesus' Name, Amen. 




 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!