Thursday, July 10, 2014

You are Seated

Day 17 of Finding True Identity:

 "And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.  

BUT GOD, who is rich in mercy because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus."  Ephesians 2:1-6

Can I just say I love it when I see a "But God" in the Bible?!  If you look closely at the verses above, there is so much to see.

Once we were dead in our sins, BUT GOD!  God made us alive!

I have to do an infomerical for God here, "but WAIT, THERE'S MORE!"

As if God making us alive wasn't good enough, God went on to add more. He also raised us up to sit together with Christ Jesus in heavenly places!

One of the things I love about the picture of sitting with Christ is that it indicates rest.  When I feel overwhelmed, Jesus is sitting.  When I feel afraid, Jesus is sitting.  When I feel anxious, Jesus is sitting.

He isn't running around trying to figure out what to do.  He is sitting.

And if I choose to, I can sit with Him.

I can exchange my feelings for His faithfulness.  I can sit with Him and choose peace. I can sit with Him and choose joy.  I can sit with Him and choose patience.  I can sit with Him and choose love.

Today, will you sit down with Him in heavenly places?






No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!