Tuesday, July 15, 2014

You Have New Clothes


Day 18:  You are New

"'Take away the filthy garments from him.' And to him He said, 'See I have removed your iniquity from you, and I will clothe you with rich robes.'"  Zech 3:4

Last week I went shopping with a friend for some new clothes.   I bought a couple of new outfits (great sale too!).  

But, what if I bought those outfits and then just let them hang in my closet.  What if I never wore them? What if I felt unworthy to wear these new clothes or so I just continued to wear old clothes that were worn out and rags?   

Jesus bought you new clothes.  He has bought you a robe of righteousness.  He doesn't want us to leave it hanging in the closet.  Jesus paid FULL PRICE for that new robe, no sale price there.  He wants us to wear our new clothes proudly. 

Sometimes I forget about the new clothes I have in my closet, so I end up wearing the same old clothes. What we really need to do is remove the old clothes so we can easily access the new.  

The same is true with our new clothes in Christ. 

The reason our new robe is left hanging in the closet is either because either we forget it is there or we don't feel worthy of wearing it.  If you believe you are your old self, you will act like your old self.  

When we renew our mind in God's Word, we are removing the old thoughts and minsets.  We are removing the old and replacing it with new. 

You are no longer dressed in rags of unworthiness, shame or guilt.  Your new clothes are bright with the colors of righteousness and holiness.  Throw away the old rags.  Get your new garments out of the closet and wear them!  God bought these new clothes for you to wear!    


No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!