Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Yay a Trial!

 "Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.  But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."  James 1:1-4


Wow, that last part sounds really good....I want that, I want to be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing!  However,  I don't really want trials.  Hmmm.......

Now, I have had some trials and looking back I can see how they benefited me and how God worked in them.  Of course during the trial, it was hard and painful and I didn't want to be in it.  I didn't really face them with joy, at least not at first.  Can I just be honest?  Joy is not usually my first response to a trial.  "YAY, I am in a trial!"  No.

Well, I am writing this now because I am going through a trial right now.  It is a physical trial and yesterday I can say I was definitely not counting it all joy.  

But....today is a new day!  I am so thankful that each day is new and we can start each day, any moment with a new attitude believing God, trusting in His love.  I really do want to let patience have her perfect work, I really do want to be complete lacking in nothing and so today I am determined to count it all joy.


"My grace is sufficient for you, My strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor 12: 9 (Jesus)

Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in needs, in persecution, in distresses, for Christ's sake.  For when I am weak, then I am strong."  2 Cor 12: 9-10 (Paul wrote this)

If we never went through anything, we would forget we need the Lord.  We would become prideful and think we are doing just great on our own.  We think we wouldn't do that, but we would.  We need Him, and it is comforting to know that no matter what we are going through, He is with us and when we are weak HE is strong.  His grace is sufficient. 

Jesus said "In this world you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."  John 16:33

He didn't put this trial on you to teach you something, it is just the world we live in....there are trials in it.   But He will use it to perfect you, to make you more Christ-like. 

That, my dear friends is why we can have JOY when going through trials.  Jesus.

Lean on Him today if you are going through a trial of your own, knowing He will get you through it, it will end well.   He is our strength, He is our healer, and our ever present help in time of need.  HE is GREATER than anything we are facing.

Dear Lord,  I need you today. Lord, I can't do this on my own.  Father, I know you are my healer...thank you for healing me.  I pray for You to fill me with Your joy knowing that through this You will be at work to complete me,  to make me more like Jesus.   In Jesus Name Amen

-Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!