Monday, September 26, 2011

CowAnt.Com

Suddenly the door flew open.  My nine year old, Joe, came screeching into the house to enthusiastically announce his discovery!  His eyes lit bright with excitement, and his face red and glowing.....

"Mom, come quick!  You have to see what I found!  You have to come before it is gone!"

Curiously I followed, "Ok, I'm coming.  What did you find?!"

He led me to the driveway, then to the road just outside.  His eyes searched and searched.  "It was right here!  It must have left, " he said with disappointment.

"What was it?  What did you see?" 

"A Cow Ant.  It was this big I-------------------------------------I.  (Pretty big for an ant!)  They can eat a person!"

I questioned the existence of the cow ant and that this man eating creature was outside our driveway.  However this nine year old insisted he saw one and that they could eat people. (Needless to say, I am glad it was gone!) : )

A few hours later at the dinner table, Joe described his discovery to everyone.  Again, we questioned if there was an ant who could eat people.  Chris, his dad, recommended we look it up on the internet.

Then, our 6 year old, Luke, said, " You can look it up at CowAnt.Com."  
Laughter filled the room.   
(After all, doesn't everything have a .com behind it. )  : ) 



Well, after some research, I am surprised and not too thrilled to announce that there IS a killer ant nicknamed the "CowAnt" because it can kill a cow.  Holy Cow Ant, Batman!  However, it did not say anything about eating people.  Thankfully, it is not native to Tennessee and is only found in the desert.  No, this information was not found at CowAnt.com.  : ) 

Even our six year old understood that we can find most information on the internet. There is another source, however, that is even more useful to life. Many people do not realize the value of the information it contains.  It is also always accurate, unlike the internet.   It is called the Bible. : )

There are some who may attempt to dispute the fact that the Bible is accurate and truth.  If that is you, I encourage you to read, "Evidence That Demands a Verdict" by Josh McDowell.  He was also skeptical at one time, and set out to disprove the Bible.  You may be interested in what he found and how he found it.

The Bible is a resource that is living, breathing.  It is God's Word and it is alive.  That may sound strange, but it breaths life into any situation.  The truth of this book spoken has tremendous power.  When you read it, it speaks to you, the Lord unlocks the secrets of mysteries.  This Word changes lives.  It is alive.  When Jesus spoke the Word, Satan had to leave Him. When we speak the Word, the enemy leaves us too.  Powerful.

But Jesus Answered him, saying, 'It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.'   Luke 4:4

My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings.  Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh.  Prov 4:21-22

It brings life.  No matter how dry or dead your life may seem.  The word of God will bring you life.

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  John 14:27

It brings peace.   I know this first hand.  When I was in graduate school and away from the Lord, I desperately wanted peace.  It occurred to me that reading my Bible might help.  (That had to be the Holy Spirit.)  It did help, I gained a peace I never knew before.  Today, it still brings peace. 

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.  Romans 10:17

It brings faith. The more we hear God's word, the more faith we have in it.  Whatever area you need more faith in, find verses in God's Word and read them over and over again until it is a part of you. 

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.  Psalms 119:105

It brings direction.  God's word is better than a google map.  It won't ever get you lost!  The word of God will direct and guide you in life.

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of thoughts and intents of the heart.  Hebrews 4:12

It brings enlightenment and revelation.  The last part of the verse above says the word "is a discerner of thoughts and intents of the heart."  The word of God reveals what is in our thoughts and hearts.  It is a mirror into our soul. 

Now, I know you won't find all that at CowAnt.com or any other .com for that matter unless it is a biblical .com.

The above verses describe only the surface of what is found in God's word.   You will have to dig and see for yourself all the treasures that are available to discover.  Then, just like my son when he found his cow ant, you won't be able to keep it to yourself.  You will go running, eyes bright with enthusiasm, to tell someone......You have to see what I found!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!