Monday, November 21, 2011

A Post Revisited

How God Spoke to Me Thru Disney

God speaks in many different ways.  He spoke to Moses through a burning bush. He spoke to the king of Babylon through writing on a wall. He spoke to Elijah in a still small voice. He spoke to King David through a prophet. And sometimes He speaks to me through....... Disney movies.   Yes,  that is right....Disney movies.
: )

God knows exactly how to speak to us!

About 8 years ago, I knew I was called.  I knew what God wanted me to do and I was not doing it.  I had gotten complacent...lazy.  Television became my favorite escape from the overwhelming realities of a new baby.  God did not want me to escape.  He wanted me to be involved, engaged in life, and in what He had called me to do. 

God decided He had to get my attention.  So, one day while I was watching Disney's The Lion King, God spoke to me.  He spoke very plainly to me.  I hope you have seen it.  It was just re-released by Disney in the theaters in 3D.  It is really good!   : ) 

In case you haven't seen it......  Mufasa is the King of the Jungle (lion) and he has a son, Simba, who is heir to his throne.  Mufusa is killed tragically and Simba thinks it is his fault even though it isn't.  Simba runs away instead of taking his rightful and responsible place as King of the Jungle.  He thinks he is unfit to be king.

I think that is enough information to get my point.

There is a part in the movie where Simba has a dream where Mufasa comes to him and says to him, "You have forgotten me."  Simba shocked says back, "No, how could I?"  Mufasa then says,


"You have forgotten who you are and so you have forgotten me."
"You are more than what you have become."
"Remember who you are... you are my son."

That is when God spoke to me.  He said the same things to me.  It was a wake up call I will never forget.  I had forgotten Him. I had forgotten who I was in Christ and who He created me to be.  I had forgotten my calling, and my responsibilities in the kingdom of God.

We are all heirs in the Kingdom.  We all have responsibilities, gifts, talents, and callings God has given us.  We may feel unfit at times (like Simba did), and we may feel like running away.  However, God has said that He has made us fit and worthy to do whatever He has called us to do through the blood of Jesus. 

When you neglect your calling, you neglect your God. (1 Tim 4:14) God has a great plan for you in His Kingdom, He has something He needs you to do for Him.  

God never gives up on us.  He sees the end result. He knows you are more than you are right now.  (Phil 1:6, Hebrews 13:31) That is not to discourage you, but to encourage you to press on. Be patient as He works on you and in your life.  

Remember Whose You are.  ( 2 Cor 5: 20-21, Rom 8:16-17). You are the child of a King, remember who you are and Who lives in you.
 
God is speaking to you today.....Remember who you are...you are My son (or daughter)

 I would love to hear some different ways God speaks to you.    : ) 









No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!