Monday, June 30, 2014

You are Called {Guest Post}







Good morning Living Free in Him readers!  Today's post of "Finding our True Identity" comes from a dear friend and fellow Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study Leader, Melissa Sherlin.  Thank you Melissa, for sharing your wisdom with us today!


Day 11:

 Have you ever felt like God was calling you to do something, but didn’t know exactly what?

Have you ever felt like there were so many other people that God would want to use, other people more qualified?

What is God calling you to do?

I spent so much time pondering this question myself. I felt like God was calling me to something but the question was:  What is God calling me to do?

I had so many questions and doubts. Not doubts that God COULD use me, but doubts that he would want to. Every day, I am surrounded by so many talented people singers, speakers, writers, musicians, people that are much more educated than I, people that have lead much more righteous lives than I, and haven’t made as many mistakes in life as me.

What do I have to offer that could glorify God?

As I began to really reflect on this question, along with God’s Word, God began to speak.  It was through these scriptures God began speaking straight to my heart!

1 Corinthians 1:26-­31 "Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: 'Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.'"

As I got deeper into the Word, I started realizing something, many of the Bible “greats” were not great at all apart from God. They were bad speakers, deceivers, murderers, cowards, and adulterers.

Sometimes to know what God is calling you into, we have to remember what he has called you out of.

What trials has he brought you through? Is he asking you to share how he brought you through those trials with others that may be going through them? It is when we share it that is becomes our testimony.

Your testimony is so much more powerful than you think! The enemy would like nothing more than to keep you from sharing it. Do you know why?

Revelation 12:11 "They overcame him by the blood of the lamb, and by the word of their testimony, they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death."

Only you have your exact testimony! Only you can use it for God’s glory! No matter how ugly or messy it may look, someone else needs to hear it! The enemy is shuttering at the thought of you using it.

You my sweet friend are CALLED to use it!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!