Friday, March 4, 2011

My Strength, My Helper

"The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
And with my song I will praise Him."
Psalms 28:7

I have been meditating on this verse for the past couple of days.  Have you ever had a time when for no apparent reason the everyday routine of life just seemed harder than normal?  Even though you are a princess, a daughter of a King, have you ever felt more like the Cinderella in rags with so much to do that she couldn't do what her heart desired to do (work on her dress for the ball).   Did you ever wish you had a fairy godmother to help you?  : )

"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, 
that He may abide with you forever." 
John 14:16

We have something infinitely better than a fairy godmother.....the Holy Spirit.  He is our helper.  He will help us through whatever we may be going through.  It might be as simple as being overwhelmed with kids, housework, job situation to something as serious as an illness or relationship crisis.  Whatever it is you might be going through, Gos has promised us a helper.  

And not only will He help us, He has promised that we can be full of JOY in the midst of it.  

"Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, 
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit."
Psalms 51: 12

He wants to help you with whatever you are facing.  Ask Him today to help you, ask Him today to give you the JOY of your salvation.  "Rejoice in the Lord always, Again I will say rejoice!" Phil 4:4

He WILL help us, He is always faithful dear one.  


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this, Sue. I needed this today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Sue. I love the imagery of Cinderella. You have such a gift. Love you. He is 'helping you' in bringing truth. Praise the Lord! So good!

    ReplyDelete

I heart your comments!