Friday, March 11, 2011

Rejection Part 2

Today I am going to share with you some truths the Lord showed me that helped me get free from .....Rejection.

I am just going to be as real as I can be with you.  Rejection or the fear of rejection kept me in indescribable bondage for about 30 years of my life.  Seriously, that is a LONG time!  I differentiate "the fear of " from "rejection" because I don't think most of it was real.  Most of my bondage was that I was afraid of being rejected, and not actual rejection.  The root of the rejection was real as we talked about yesterday, and that is what the enemy is using to keep us bound to the fear of rejection. 

I don't believe I am the only one that ever struggled with this and if you do struggle with this or know someone who does.....well, I'm going to share with you some things that will help you get freedom!  First of all, know this.......

IT IS A LIE!

We are not going to believe it!  We are going to believe what God says!  What does God say?  Let's have a look:

  "To the praise of the glory of His grace by which He has made us accepted in the beloved"
Eph 1:6


Let's break this down a little bit: 

It says by His grace He made us accepted.  

Grace means in the Hebrew benefit He has given us.

Accepted means in the Hebrew 1) lovely 
                                                2) surrounded with favor
                                                3) honour with blessings
This word accepted is the same word used to describe Mary, Jesus' mother, when the angel came to her and said she was "highly favored" by the Lord.  Wow!  

If you are thinking, but you don't know what I've done.  It isn't about what you have or haven't done....it is all about what Jesus did!

So, lets get this!  God says you are accepted....He has made us accepted or surrounded with favor and blessings!  It is a benefit He gave us at the cross!  

He suffered and was rejected so we could be accepted.  He accepts us!

It took me a long time to realize these things I am sharing with you.  Really, the bottom line is what are you going to do when that thought comes that someone doesn't like you or that you don't belong.  Are you going to just give into those thoughts and dwell on them so they keep you in bondage OR will you take that thought captive (2 Cor 10:5) and say what God says about you?  Most likely the rejection isn't real.  Even if it is, He loves you, you are His.  He said you are highly favored,  so anyone who does reject you has to take it up with Him!  He has got your back dear sister!  







1 comment:

  1. Great reminder that I am accepted and highly favored by Him, I love that! Thank you so much for this, it was exactly what I needed!!

    ReplyDelete

I heart your comments!